Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Storms...

Well, Tropical Storm Alex is now a hurricane. That was in the back of my mind as I drove the cruiseboat today. Well, until mid-afternoon, when I had some local storms to deal with. I was able to time things so we skirted two cells (the thunderstorms come through the mountains pretty quick), then timed things so I was able to get back into the marina between two other cells. It all moved through the area in time for a pleasant sunset cruise. My first mate (who faces back towards the passengers) said, "Did you see all that lightning?"

"Yep."

A couple days off, in time to stay tuned to the Weather Channel, Weather Underground, and Crown Weather. Alex, now just over 24 hours out from making landfall, looks like it may go south of us... putting us on the "dirty" side, but better than coming right over the top of us.

Still too early to call.

No comments: