Monday, September 12, 2011

No blood letting...

Busy blue shirt day: winterized 3 outboards (and didn't damage a single digit) and did one rescue before lunch, then helped a young employee who had a death in the family get moved out and on the road. Five "round ups" this afternoon: herding in people in kayaks and canoes who weren't staying ahead of the weather when a thunderstorm rolled in. Less than a week to go with marina operations, then whatever it takes to get things shut down. Tomorrow will be my second to the last driving day.

Over the past couple days, I've had a visit from folks on the C-Brats (Michael and Cathy) and today, Jay (C-Brat) and Michael (NuWa forum).
Michael came by this morning while I was on my back on the floor of one of the cruise boats, fixing a helm seat; I had a first mate giving me a hand. A gentleman came to the window of the cruise boat and said to my first mate, "I've been enjoying your blog."

"Huh? I think you must be looking for Captain Jim," and pointed down on the floor to me.
Unfortunately, I was holding three small parts with only two hands and wasn't able to get up from my position under the helm seat. We visited for a bit, then Michael (29.5 FK, interesting how we remember folks by their rig) had to go. I had invited him to come aboard, but he declined... I felt bad that I wasn't able to be more hospitable. Timing.

And at lunch, Joan came walking in with our friend, Jay, from the C-Brats (Hunky-Dory). We had a nice visit while I ate... I tried to get Jay some chow, but I don't think the cuisine of the Employee Dining Room was enticing. I understand that. ;-)

No comments: