Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Furled sail...

That's one of my favorite podcasts: Furled Sails (www.furledsails.com)... they haven't added any new podcasts in over a year, but I still enjoy re-listening (is that a word?) to some outstanding interviews.

But, this post isn't about podcasts. Last week when we went to Jackson, I picked up some PVC pieces to make a furler for the sail for the Hobie. I have about $3.50 invested. Less than an hour of drilling and fitting. And, it works. The white PVC may not be the prettiest addition to the Hobie, but I can furl the sail in just a couple seconds - one pull of the line.

I coulda used that last week when the winds got gusty. I haven't tried it, yet, on the water, but it sure worked well with the kayak sitting on the picnic table. :-)

No comments: