Saturday, September 17, 2011

Tick, tick, tick...


The second to the last day... the marina will close at 5:00 pm tomorrow. I took some photos around the marina this morning - the views always take my breath away.



A beautiful, crisp morning, something we haven't seen in a while. There was a bite to the wind today; the seasons are changing. We pulled another powerboat this morning, and I got the motor winterized. Over half done with that chore. I switched to a captain's uniform after lunch, when it turned out that we had two boats for our 1:30 cruise.

One day to go, and tomorrow is my day as lead captain. Nice way to finish out the season, and the weather is supposed to be good.

2 comments:

Charlie-Captain's Cat said...

Do you have to haul all the boats and winterize them B4 you get to leave or is that a task for the underlings?

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Hi Charlie,

We began pulling motorboats earlier this week, one or two a day. Over half of them are winterized already. One of the cruiseboats will come out of the water on Monday, and we will get that ready to be put away. By Tuesday, my part should be about done. They have young kids with strong backs to move kayaks and canoes and carry the heavy stuff. Hoping for "time off for good behavior"... my contract is through the 22nd. ;-)

Best wishes,
Jim