Thursday, October 13, 2011

I gotta show you somethin'...


Not what you want to hear when you're just stepping away from the urinal in the men's room! We were making another trip through Bass Pro Shop, and I needed a potty break. The words in the title above were said to me by an ol' boy at the next urinal.

"Ummmm..." I barely got that out of my mouth.

"Lookit!! That picture above the pisser - it's a guy peeing off the front of a boat!" the guy said.

"Um, yeah," I replied, "Something every guy on a boat has done."

"Yeah, but, they got a picture of it!"

Too excited for my public bathroom etiquette. ;-)

We are wrapping up our time in Branson; we were planning to head out this morning, but after a pounding rain last night, we thought we'd give it another day to dry out before we hit the road. So, one more pleasant lunch out and a nice long walk along the waterfront and through Branson Landing.

While walking through the Landing, we came across this...


It's a "Hurricane Simulator"... you get in it, pay your money, and it blows like stink. Of course, it isn't authentic, 'cause there are no roof tiles, 2x4s, and palm tree branches whacking you. Your power isn't out for 10 days afterwards, and you still have running water and sewer. I'm thinking of setting up some "Mugging Simulators"... similar adrenaline rush, but I'll reach in, whack you, and take your wallet! No wait - "Prostate Exam Simulator"... complete with realistic snapping glove sound! OK, maybe not.

Beautiful day, plenty of sunshine, lot of people out and about. Great day for a walk.

The daytime highs in south Texas are now down into the 80s... time to start making our way in that general direction.

No comments: