Saturday, March 31, 2012

The lottery...

We didn't win the lottery. But, almost as good: we got 11.7 mpg today while heading west through New Mexico and into west Texas (we had a tailwind the whole way!!). I almost dread saying this, since we are still smack in the middle of west Texas tonight (Fort Stockton), but there has been minimal blowing dirt! Maybe because we are traveling with it, or perhaps all the topsoil has finally blown away? We're down for the night in a Passport park... read the reviews on this place; one of them said, "Yikes!..."

Oh, come on, how bad can it be? I'm guessing it was a decent place 30 years ago... but they haven't done much to the place since then. However, it was 90 degrees when we pulled in, and I've got an electrical hook-up, cable TV, water and sewer. Wouldn't want to spend a season here, but it ain't bad for a night.

At one point while in the vast nothing of west Texas, Joan said to me, "I have no cheese."

embarrassed

She was looking at her phone at the time, not considering getting snacks, so I said, "Huh?" undecided

She had no data coverage on her phone... not 4G, not 3G, but... NO Gs. grin

We have 3G where we are for the night, and the air conditioning feels great! We saw a few RVs as we passed the local Wal-Mart... unless they are running their generators, I'm guessing they aren't near as comfortable as we are. smiley

No comments: