Saturday, March 17, 2012

More?

Shopping, that is. Our daughter and son-in-law got home last night. I thought we were done with their living room make-over... I was wrong. Today, we spent an hour and a half at Hobby Lobby, picking out "accessories." Dan and I slow-walked around behind them, carrying stuff... until the armload got to the point where we needed a cart. Then, more fabric - more for Joan to sew. On the bright side: it wasn't my money, and it was nice to spend the time with the kids.

A big lunch out, then off to the mall... on a Saturday during spring break. On St. Paddy's Day... and right after the launch of the New iPad. I had to laugh as we walked by the Apple Store - a line out the door with people waiting to pick up their new iPads, and a security guard at the door. If you just wanted to go in and look around, there was no line, but the store was packed. While Steph and Joan did some other shopping, Dan and I went into the Apple Store for a look. The New iPad is impressive; the screen has remarkable resolution. Seems a lot faster than my old 1st gen iPad. Not fast enough to make me want to part with my bucks, though.

Steph did get a new iPhone4S, giving up her Droid... seems that I am the last Droid hold-out in the family. It was faster to get the phone at a Verizon kiosk, rather than waiting in line at the Apple Store. Well, faster is relative - it took over an hour to load the info/photos from her Droid to the new iPhone. She has been wanting an iPhone for a couple years, and settled for a Droid... which I do kinda recall her saying, "I love this Droid"... until everyone around her (Dan included) got an iPhone. Peer pressure? Or, maybe iPhone envy?

We'll be pulling out of here in a few days, but we packed up most of our "outside stuff" today - there is a storm front coming in this evening, that is supposed to bring us a lot of wind and rain. It has now been 91 days since they've had any measurable precip in the Phoenix area; they could use the moisture. I'm not so keen on putting stuff away in the rain, so we are ahead of the game.

Glad to be off the roads by late afternoon... the media is saying there will likely be as many drunk drivers on the road tonight as New Years Eve - happy St. Patrick's Day. ;-)

No comments: