Monday, March 5, 2012

Of course, I'm kidding...

When Steph asked if I'd put together some of their Ikea purchases, I looked my sweet little girl in the eyes and said... "No." Yeah, I was kidding. She knows her Mother and I would do anything for her. So, today, I started putting together their entertainment center... well, 1/3 of it. I'll get to the other 2/3 tomorrow. And Joan started laying out new window coverings; truth be told, there will be a lot of sewing involved, so I think she has the tougher part of this deal.

When we got to their house today, they had put together a new coffee table and end table... and they look great with their new leather furniture. It all gives their living room a whole new modern look. And it still makes me want to talk like the Swedish Chef when I'm in there.

One of their cats, Jake, used the new section of the entertainment center as a "launch pad," jumping from that to the top of their current entertainment center when I stepped out of the room for a few seconds to help Joan carry in some groceries. There were some balloons up there from Steph's birthday party... they are now floating at the ceiling. Sneaky and fast. It's probably good that they don't have kids... "Yeah, I was watching him. I turned my head for just a moment and, next thing I knew, he was up on top of the entertainment center." Somehow that doesn't seem so bad when you're talking about a cat. ;-)

No comments: