Friday, May 11, 2012

One more night on land...

Another long driving day... we rolled into Anacortes late this afternoon.  We'll spend the night on land and get Wild Blue launched tomorrow.  A couple days here to get the trailer stored, the boat ready for the water, and some provisioning.

MapQuest lied... just over 3,000 miles, and no fun side trips.  It's been a long time since we made a trek like this without plunking the boat in the water along the way for some interesting diversions.  Some interesting construction bobbing and weaving on I-90 before and over a mountain pass.

While at a rest area in central Washington, I came out of the men's room and a guy said to me, "Are you the ones in the C-Dory?  I've been following and passing you since South Dakota - that's a great looking boat!"  As always, the boat is a great conversation starter (and at least he let me get OUT of the restroom before visiting)... my new friend, Tom, just retired and they are moving from Minnesota to Seattle to be near the grandkids.  I have more details if you want them. ;-)

The weather was decent today: sunny sky, chilly temps (62º was as high as we saw), some headwind (but not bad)... and no snow!

We got a honk from a passing truck while northbound on I-5.  We think it was our C-Brat friend, David... but the traffic was pretty thick and his lane was moving faster than ours. 

Good to be down for a while and really looking forward to being back on the water!

No comments: