Wednesday, May 30, 2012

House husband...

Well, boat husband.  Today is Joan's first day of work, and I am not scheduled for a trip (unless I get called in).  She had to go in a lot earlier, since she will be training in the office.  I did my best to stay out of her way while she got ready for her first day.

Once she headed out, I cleaned up, made breakfast, washed dishes, and picked up around the boat.  I can't even bring her lunch, since she will head out for training on the boat before lunch time; she packed her own before she left.  I did offer to make it for her... "How does peanut butter and turkey sound?" ;-)

It's a gray ol' day here; started off with light rain, but is now just solid overcast.  Looks like we're in for a few of those over the next week.

Yesterday, the Gallery Boat pulled up to a nearby dock here at Friday Harbor.  We had seen this boat 5 years ago anchored in Reid Harbor.  Peter, the owner and photographer, sells photographic-art images from the boat...


I visited with Peter for a bit; the boat is for sale.  He asked, but I told him 32 years in the imaging business was enough for us.  The boat is usually moored at Deer Harbor these days... a pretty place to do business, if anyone is interested.  There is an art exhibit here Thursday through Sunday.

We walked around the marina a bit.  I took a lot of photos; getting them on this computer is a definite "work around", but here are a couple interesting boats...



Pretty obvious that my tastes run towards pilothouse boats these days.

We came back to our boat and sat outside during a period of sunshine; little Izzy joined us...


She still needs encouragement to go out, and wasn't interested in getting too far away from a way into the boat.  Since I am the boat husband today, one of my chores is to brush Izzy.  Not really a chore, since Iz loves being brushed... kitty bonding.


No comments: