Friday, January 18, 2013

Wax on, wax off...

No Mr. Miyagi to urge me on.  Wild Blue is looking good, except for the brow over the windshield; it feels the effects of the afternoon sun... that blue was looking a bit chalked.  With the first nice day (really - sunny, almost no wind, and the temp heading above 70º) in over a week, I took advantage of the weather to put a coat of wax on the brow.

Well, it was quickly apparent that one coat wasn't going to cut it.  It didn't feel slick when yI ran my hand over it.  Another coat... better, still not up to her usual standards.  The sun was getting around to the front... I sprinkled some water on there and put another coat on, and buffed the heck out of it.  Slick.  The Maguire's wax was almost gone, so I gave it another once-over.  Lots more buffing.

It looks good again...



No comments: