Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Another one in a row!

My morning charter was delayed due to the fog... not on our part, but because the guests couldn't fly in.  We'll see if it actually happens.

In the meantime, I was able to walk uptown and have a real sit-down breakfast.  Then, back to the boat for an update on the firmware for the GoPro and the accompanying GoPro app for my phone.  The new app allows you to view what you've shot - nice feature.

The firmward download took some time... loading from the hotspot on my phone... while anticipating a call from the office for an update on the charter.

A call from the office came about a minute after the download was complete.  No firm time when Kenmore can get a plane out, but they are anticipating some time this afternoon.  I guess I can get a nap in... maybe.  From the sound of it, this may turn into a late charter, as in: a couple hours after our usual afternoon trip.  We are doing all we can to accommodate... "Keep me updated."

In the meantime, the firmware updated the camera just like it's supposed to.  The app update worked fine, only requiring me to re-enter a password.  I held my breath and tried it... I had to "re-introduce" the camera to the phone, but it all worked.  No fussing.  No swearing.

Technology is nice, when it actually works.  ;-)

-----------------

Test shots:






3 comments:

C.Michael Taylor said...

Good glass...I am impressed.

C.Michael Taylor said...

Good glass...I am impressed.

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Hi Mike. Yeah, the resolution is good. Lots of resolution and field of view options, more on video than stills. One of these days, I will spend some time doing video... just a bit busy with work right now. No days off this week, and August is usually the busiest month. Play time is coming in another month. ;-)