Thursday, July 25, 2013

The forecast: sunny!

The reality...


The fog is the thickest I've seen this season.  I lucked out yesterday... well, other than spending time after a long day of driving working on the head that someone plugged up.  Shitty.  Literally.  Oh, but the "lucked out" part: I had an early morning and it was beautifully clear when we shoved off before 8:00.  It was the only morning in the past week that didn't start out foggy.

And then, this morning - it's back.  With an interesting gray-green cast to the fog.


While I was out getting these photos, a couple old guys heading up the dock said, "I think you're gonna need radar today."

I think they might be right...


Yeah, there's a ramp there, somewhere.

The boss gave me my choice for today: a for-sure and a potential trip with an 11:00 departure, or a for-sure one trip with a 1:30 departure.  I took the earlier with likely two trips.  Sure hope the fog burns off by then.

Sorry to make this sound like a weather report - living and working on the water, we pay a lot of attention to the weather.


3 comments:

Bill K said...

Weather is better than what the person writing the blog ate every day.

PS. The security letters and numbers are getting harder to read all the time and cause me to not post comments quite often. :(

Bill Kelleher

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Hi Bill. I have no idea how the weather and what I ate relate. If it matters, I had lasagna for supper. ;-)

Bill K said...

Jim,
Let me try again LOL

What I was trying to say is that some people when writing there blogs tell you about what they eat every day.
The weather is much better. :)

Bill Kelleher

PS I may get my C-Dory back tomorrow with new Honda engines.