Friday, December 6, 2013

This ain't boat drinks...


While shopping today, Joan said, "We need to stop at the liquor store. Anything you want?"

"Yes, some peppermint schnapps."

"Really??"

Back when I was much younger, my fingertips didn't burn from frostbite, and I thought strapping a couple boards on my feet and jumping over the side of a snowy mountain was fun, we would occasionally go to a ski area that lighted runs for night skiing.

The drink was called a Snuggler: hot chocolate, peppermint schnapps, and a glob of whipped cream. Make a couple runs, have a Snuggler, a couple more runs, another Snuggler. It goes down smooth and warms you from the inside out.

With the norther that will be keeping the Tropical Tip temperatures feeling like something WAY further north, I thought a Snuggler might make it easier to endure.

I was right. Just finished it, and I feel all warm inside.


No comments: