Friday, March 21, 2014

Pretty sure this qualifies...


I should be in good standing for my Old Fart's Card...

We are staying in a 55+ resort, and no one asked to see my ID.
I grew a goatee again in January - yeah, it's mostly gray.
I get the "senior price" for coffee at Village Inn... and I don't even drink coffee!

And tonight, we are going to play BINGO.  I can't tell you the last time I played Bingo.  And here's the really fun part: our daughter is the one who suggested it.  I think she and Joan are just thinking of this as another type of gambling... I am thinking of it as: BINGO.

And, I've been told this is serious stuff - no talking when they're calling the numbers.  You are required to have a "dauber."  Yeah, I will be buying a couple daubers.

Steph and Dan work with another guy in their teaching team.  He's a good guy... OK, I have socks older than this guy.  Steph asked him if he wanted us (as in: Joan and me) to bring food for them... apparently, eating while daubing is part of the fun.  His concern: will they bring "old people food"??

"Ask him if he wants onions or not on his egg salad sandwich... oh, and we'll be bringing lime Jello with something in it... Mandarin oranges, or grapes, or pearl onions... not sure what, but I know old people put that kinda crap in lime Jello.  Damn whippersnapper!"

Steph and Dan did this Bingo place with another couple their age... and they tell me they all had fun.

Pretty sure this isn't the kind of place that will be playing Strip Bingo... "Honey, can you help be get this truss unhooked?"  (Yeah, I am old enough to remember Fred Garvin, male prostitute - LOL)  Old Saturday Night Live routine from the 70s... yes, I was around in the 70s.

------------------------------

We were out on the scoots today; another absolutely beautiful day in the desert: plenty of sunshine, high in the 80s.  We rode around "Joan's loop," that goes past PIR (Phoenix International Raceway), then west to Verado.  We find other roads to mix it up with the urban cruising.

We rode by something out in the boonies that I haven't seen before: a dune buggy being pulled by a team of horses... Amish 4-wheeling?  I dunno.  I didn't have my camera out, so you'll just have to take my word for it; but, Joan will vouch that I'm not making that up.

And this - it makes me homesick...


Pretty sure that isn't an OSHA-approved tie down.  LOL

Nice riding today.  I got 99 mpg, Joan was just over 108 mpg.  And, I can't even begin to calculate the smiles-per-gallon.  ;-)


2 comments:

Hudson River Boater said...

Many Smiles per gallon I'm sure!!
Enjoy your Blog most every day...

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Thanks!