Sunday, March 23, 2014

Homebodies...

Well, at Steph and Dan's home.

We spent most of the day with our youngin's.  Joan and Steph did some cooking, Dan and I replaced an exhaust fan in the bathroom.  Rather that do the job for them, I thought it would be good experience for Dan to get some hands-on.  I showed him how to use a multi-meter to check the switch, then the power to the motor... we determined the fan motor was the problem.  He took the fan housing down, and we removed the motor.  Off to Lowe's, where they had a kit that included the motor and the fan blades.  Back to the house, some switching around to make the motor drop in place, then...


It works.  I like it when a plan comes together.

While the men were working on that, the women-folk were cooking... a pork tenderloin and baked potatoes.  But, the part that interested me most...


Steph got a dessert recipe from a friend, she and Joan added some ideas of their own... outstanding.  Not sure what it is called, but I call it: delicious!  Kind of a combination chocolate chip, peanut butter cookie with marshmallow and chocolate (like a S'more) in a pan.  A little gooey and a lot tasty.

Then, back to our cruising condo.  Another week here and it will be time for us to head out... I need to get as much "kid time" in as we can before we go.


No comments: