Friday, April 15, 2016

Dolphins and ice cream...


No, the dolphins weren't eating ice cream.  No, we weren't eating dolphins with our ice cream.

First, a look at yesterday's evening sky...


We needed to get some mail out; plus, my Honey said she'd buy me ice cream.  I don't turn down my Honey... especially when there is ice cream involved.

We stopped at the Post Office, then to the nearby Dairy Queen.  Town is busy - the Beach 'n Biker Fest started today, running through the weekend.  While there were plenty of motorcycles on the main drag, the car traffic was also heavier than we've seen it in a while.  I'm guessing lots of car-driving gawkers heading for the island.

With ice cream in hand (also in belly), we headed for home.  Coming across the bridge onto our island, we were treated to 4 dolphins enjoying a fish lunch by the bridge.  I reached for my phone to get a photo - I didn't bring it.  I looked at the Blonde for her phone - she didn't bring it.  She said, "Take the photos with your mind."

Not quite the same thing.  On the way to our house, I decided to get a camera and head back there... via e-bike.  When I got to the bridge, the dolphins were nowhere to be seen... but, there was a dolphin watch boat, also looking.  They called for the bridge to open - I thought maybe they could see the dolphins on the other side of the bridge.  I walked my bike to the other side.  Nope; that boat was just heading to the fuel dock.

Maybe the dolphins had gone further down the ICW?  I hauled butt on the bike to a street on our island where I'd be able to see the ICW.  Nope.  Missed 'em.

Sooo, here's a "file photo" of what we saw...




No comments: