Friday, April 29, 2016

It's a nightmare!


No, not talking about the latest trip to the Post Office.

Really, an actual nightmare.  Joan doesn't talk in her sleep - last night she screamed!  "Jim, help me!"  I sat bolt upright... then, realized she was having a nightmare.

"It's OK, I'm right here..." I talked in a quiet, soothing voice.  She didn't quite wake up, but settled down.  Well, at least one of is getting some sleep.  ;-)

I was just getting back to sleep about 20 minutes later, when... my phone rang.  A phone call in the middle of the night is never good news.  My heart was pounding as I ran for the phone...

"Some SOB from New Jersey!"  And, when I answered it, they hung up.  Yes, I immediately blocked that phone number.  Joan followed me to get the phone.  Izzy came to see what was going on.

I wasn't awake enough before.

Took a while, but I did get back to sleep.  Until I woke up with a start!  Yeah, my turn for a nightmare!  Really.  It was horrifying.  I dreamed I was still working.  No, not the boat captain thing... back in my former career as a photographer.  Every detail was vivid: a mother came in with her two girls for outdoor portraits.  It was scheduled for right before sunset, so the light would be just right.  (No, in the dream, I didn't have an outdoor shooting area when I could control the light - that was real life, this was part of the nightare... but, I digress).  Of course, they were late.  Then, they weren't ready, so the mother had to do their hair.  And, the girls were crying.  Oh, the horror!

On the bright side, by the time they were ready and not crying, it was pitch black outside.  OK, maybe that wasn't so bright.  ;-)

Yeah, I woke up in a cold sweat.

I think I'm gonna need a nap.


No comments: