Thursday, April 21, 2016

Ride off the calories...


We decided to take the e-bikes for lunch out.  Heading off our island, we got caught by two boats going through the swingbridge.  My belly was growling before that 15 minute wait for the bridge... I had some Italian food that was running through my mind.

Local folks will know this view out the window of Marcello's Italian Restaurant...


Nice, but I like this view even more...


Lunch was great.  Pretty quiet in town... and in the restaurant.  By the time our food came, we were the only customers in the place.  Service was great, through.  ;-)  For full disclosure, we didn't get to the restaurant until after 2:30, so the lunch crowd had come and gone.

We talked about riding around town some after lunch, but the sky to the north was starting to look ominous... we decided to head for home.  With a stop to pick up mail...


That white bag hanging from my handlebars wasn't mail - leftovers from lunch.  A velcro strap on the handbar keeps the bag forward so my knees don't hit it.  I was careful, though - there was a cup of marinara in the bag, too.  Yes, we made it home with no messes.

Coming into the house, there was a weather alert being broadcast for potential local severe thunderstorms - good thing we didn't dawdle. 


No comments: