Thursday, January 3, 2019

Time of the season...


If you said, "The Zombies, 1968," you get 300 bonus points.

Today was the day.  On the way back from lunch out, I said to Joan, "So, I suppose you wouldn't be in favor of setting up the new Christmas tree, huh?"  Just a rhetorical question, but I knew what was in store for me when we got home: it is time for the outdoor Christmas lights to come down.

We had quadrupled the density of the lights, so even though it was only the width of the deck, there were a lot of lights on that railing.  It takes time to separate and take down without all of them crashing down to the dock below.  Fortunately, I had help: Rufus held the twist-ties as I removed them.  Yes, I'm kidding... mostly he just waited until I wasn't looking then scampered to where I couldn't see him.  Not running off, but "hide and seek" wasn't part of my plan with getting the lights down and put away.

Well, that's it - the Christmas season is officially over.  Now we're into the "hoping for good weather so we can go see some dolphins, before we get ready to head west" season.

No comments: