Thursday, February 7, 2019

Cruising...


Working with Steph's classes today with the Gravity Cruisers.  They are grouped into teams of 3 and have to work together to build, test, and improve their designs.  I think it went quite well, as we had some of the kids who were already outdistancing last year's winner.

There was also some discussion about the guitar lessons I'll be doing starting next Monday.  No idea where each kid will be with experience, but I am assuming they will all be starting as beginners.  Hopefully, this will get some of the kids fired up about guitar - the industry could use some new blood.

I mentioned this guitar class to my friends on the carbon fiber forum - these fine people were offering strings, a songbook, even cash to help these kids.  Very heartwarming - the folks on that forum are great.  A songbook would be helpful, but I'll have to wait until Monday to see what we have for students and guitars.  I already told one of the girls that I will get her guitar restrung (she said, "Two of the strings are broken...").

Steph also said, "Since you are going to be here on Monday, do you want to come early and help with my math-intervention kids?  They could really use some help with long division..."

I can't tell my sweet girl, "No."


No comments: