Friday, June 7, 2019

A moment...


Something special happened this evening: Rufus hopped up on the couch and gave me a head-butt.  That may not seem like a big deal, but he has always enthusiastically head-butted me since the day we got him; it has been "our thing"... until the surgery.

This boy is intuitive; he knows when things aren't right, and he has been very gentle around me since I came home from the hospital.  He has gotten much closer with Joan during this time.  Yeah, she gets those kitty hugs, and he has been sitting by her.  She fed him when I couldn't.  She has been getting the leg rubs.  And this big furry boy gives good leg rubs.

It was finally my turn again.  Another sign that things are getting closer to "normal."

:-)


2 comments:

Hudson River Boater said...

Our Cat sometimes like to Head Butt me in the Middle of the night-- Wakes me up.. I push him away-- He comes rite back and does it more.. PIA-- I still Love Him..

Hope the New Hip is coming along well..

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Hi HRB,

The hip and I are improving daily. Our previous cats did not head butt - Rufus has done it since day one, and we have come to think it is a sign of affection. He did it only with me the first year. Since my surgery, he has taken to head-butting Joan, but into the shoulder rather than the jaw. I knew he was good with me again when I got one right in the jaw. And, another one this morning in bed. Then, he plopped himself right on my chest. I love it!