Monday, June 17, 2019

Can I get a lift?


No, we're not putting in a device to get me up the stairs.  Well, we don't have any stairs in the house, just the steps that lead up to our front door.  And, I am doing those with alternating steps.

Joan was getting ready to go to the store.  I jokingly asked, "Can you give me a ride up and down our street, so I can get my 'mileage' in?"

She countered with, "How 'bout I give you a ride to the Event Center and you can walk back?  You'll get some different scenery."

While I do look around while I'm walking, it isn't for the scenery... but, yeah, time to change it up.  She dropped me off in the parking lot of our Event Center, and I walked home while she went to the store.

Along the golf course...



Past a couple canals...


It was a lovely walk, not just because of the change of scenery.  Earlier, a gust front had come through, with a change of wind direction... and it dropped the temperature and humidity.  It was 78º when I got out of the car, and not much wind.  Really nice.

When Joan got back from the store shortly after I got home, the temp was up to 84º, with a warm wind and more humidity.  Things can change fast here.  Glad I got out when I did.


No comments: