Monday, June 3, 2019

I am a card-carrying member...


John Birch Society?  No.  American Civil Liberties Union?  No.  NRA?  No.  The Avengers?  No.  Let's face it, I'm pretty much not a joiner.

I didn't get a choice with this card.  Well, I guess I had a choice, but that went away when I decided to have the hip surgery.  This card is to be used when going through a metal detector... it lets the TSA (or whoever the security is) know that I have "a metal implant" in my left hip.  Well, to be more accurate: a metal device in place of my hip joint.

Hip joint?  It wasn't that long ago, that I thought that was a happening kinda place.  Some music, some dancing, probably some drinking.  Maybe jazz music?  Who am I kidding - I haven't been to a "hip joint" since that definition of hip was a thing.

Doesn't matter.  About the card, that is.  I don't plan on flying anywhere anytime soon.  Too much hassle, and I'd rather be traveling with the motorhome anyway.  Well, I look forward to traveling with the motorhome at some point in the not too distant future.

I probably should start with something smaller than the motorhome.  Something like a Honda CR-V.  Yeah, I can do that.


No comments: