Wednesday, June 5, 2019

It's a little bit funny...


If you said, "The first line from the Elton John song: Your Song, 1971," you get 100 bonus points.

With the movie RocketMan out, Mark thought we should learn an Elton John song.  Your Song is one of my favorites.  Mark recorded piano and strings tracks, then sent them to me alone with a vocal cue track (for the timing).  I recorded a vocal track last night.  It went faster than I thought, so I decided to add bass, drums, and acoustic guitar tracks.  I was feeling pretty good about the results, did some trimming and mixing, then turned off the Spire so I could send those tracks back to Mark.

Well, that's never happened before... the Spire app told me: "Some of your tracks have been lost."

Lost?  Do I need to go looking for them?  Mark's original tracks were there, along with the vocal track I did.  The rest were gone.  The trimming and mixing were gone.  Yep, that's a little bit funny.  It was getting late, so I called it a night.

This morning, after getting my exercises and walk in, I went to my music room and re-did the tracks.  Some trimming, a bit of mixing... and I held my breath to see if everything stayed.

Yep.  Hopefully, that is a one-off thing.  Although, the Spire Studio is smart enough to let me know that some tracks were lost.  Still no idea why.

Here's the finished project...

https://soundcloud.com/captainjimb/your-song-v2


Now I can take on my day.  ;-)


No comments: