Monday, June 3, 2019

On the pier...


If you said, "The Drifters," you are thinking of On The Boardwalk.  Close, but no bonus points.

We were showered up and ready to take on the day before 8:00 this morning.  Joan said, "Do you want to go out for breakfast this morning?"

"You were reading my mind - we haven't been to Pier 19 in a long time."  They have my favorite Monday breakfast special: The Gravy Train... it's a meat omelette, topped with cheese and gravy; breakfast potatoes and a fresh biscuit.

Last time I posted a photo for a meal outing, there were some comments about me losing weight; no concerns, my appetite is back (and so am I)...


Pier 19 is built right on top of a pier, so you dine right over the water.  Every table has a view...


A lovely morning: with light breeze, the water was beautifully calm.  No dolphins to be seen this morning, but pelicans and the occasional boat.  My favorite view...


After breakfast, we came back across the causeway - more nice views...




And back into Port Isabel...


More outing - Joan wanted to pick up a new doorbell - just the button that goes by the door, not the inside works; the salt air here eats them up in a year or two.  I walked all around our local building supply store before finding out they didn't have doorbells.  But, Wally World did.

Then, back home.  I went to work on the doorbell; knocked that 5 minute job out in just under 25 minutes, mostly because there isn't much wiring left to work with.  But, it works.

All this and it is just after 10:00.  I did my exercises and walk before I showered.  That walk through Sutherland's (the building supply place) will take the place of my early afternoon walk.  I think I'll have time for a nap!

;-)


3 comments:

Bill K said...

Do you have room to connect a couple of pig tails to the old doorbell wiring ?

Bill Kelleher

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

It is functioning now with a new button; at the end of the wiring that is left. The wiring disappears into the exterior siding. When this one goes, I will splice a bit of wire in (if possible) or just put a wireless doorbell in.

Bill K said...

wireless is a wonderful invention.

Bill Kelleher