Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Running errands...


Well, that is a misnomer, because there was no "running" involved.  We made a trip to the big city today, to pick up a few things at Sam's Club, get the oil in the Honda changed, and get me a Chick-fil-A sandwich.  We accomplished most of that - after waiting 45 minutes for a "10 minute oil change" that we were told they'd get to us in 15 minutes (you following that?), I told Joan I was done waiting, and we got into our car, backed out of line, and left.

At Sam's Club, Joan asked if I wanted a motorized cart... "I'm good."  I think she was impressed that I was able to walk through that whole store and not hold her up.  Hey, I am used to walking 3 times daily in the heat and humidity - Sam's Club is air conditioned... that was easy!

As of last night, I am walking around the house without a cane.  Most of the time.  Of course, there are countertops and furniture close at hand that I can use for support if necessary.  Anything beyond the front door is still with a cane.  Although, I did go for a bicycle ride in the early evening and intentionally left the cane behind.  I can use the bicycle for support if walking, and I wasn't planning on any stops and walk-abouts for my ride.  I am not easing up on the exercising/walking/bike riding, and I am seeing the results.

I think any "running" is behind me, but I am looking forward to a time when I can take a nice, leisurely walk, without any "support" equipment.  I can see it on the horizon.  :-)


2 comments:

Bill K said...

A big thumbs up for you and your progress.:))

Bill Kelleher

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Thanks, Bill; I'm workin' at it!