Sunday, June 16, 2019

Stand tall...


Joan asked if I'd play guitar for her this morning.  I aim to please.  I sat on the couch and played my X7 (the smallest of my Emeralds, and the guitar that has been getting the most play since the surgery).

When sitting with the X7, I hold it slightly tilted up.  The sound hole on the X7 opens to the front (my other Emeralds open to the front and up)... from a sitting position, and tilted slightly back, the X7 sounds much bigger than it is.

Since the hip is improving, I decided to play while standing (something I haven't done since before the surgery)... the X7 sounds much smaller from that position, since the sound hole is projecting all the sound forward (not upward).  Joan said, "Try it with one of your other guitars."  I got the X20 and gave it a go... yep, that sounds BIG, from any position.  Size, and position, matter.

The take way here isn't all about the guitars... it is about the standing to play.

Another step forward.  Get it?  "Step."  On that front, I am able to do a few steps at a time without the cane.  Yep, another step forward.

As far as "standing tall"... well, I am apparently standing medium these days.  Officially 5' 9" at the doctor's office.  But, I don't list to the left like I used to.  ;-)


No comments: