Thursday, June 13, 2019

Yeah, I needed this...


A plan of sorts: get the scoots out, start 'em, have Joan ride 'em around to keep them charged up.  Then, perhaps, go out to the storage unit to do the same with the motorhome: run the engine and exercise the generator.  These all need regular use.

Joan pulled her Honda out... I told her I would be fine to roll the Vespa out.  Once outside, I had to sit on it...



Yep; that feels pretty good.  "Ya know, I can hold this scoot up fine - I think it's time for a short ride!"  I fired up the Vespa and rolled it to the end of the driveway; put on a helmet, and... some breeze on my face!

Joan pulled up alongside me on her PCX; "How are you doing?  You feel up to riding to check mail?"

"Oh, yeah!"

At the owners area, she took a few photos to document me riding...






"I think I'm up for a little jaunt around town!"  We headed off our island, down a side road, onto the main drag through town, then back to our island.  No, it wasn't a long ride... I'm calling it a "proof of concept."  The leg can support the scoot at stops.  It is actually easier to pull my foot up onto the floorboard after a stop than it was before the surgery... that is a first.  I hope that is a preview of how the walking will be eventually.

I used some different muscles on the ride; not sore, but I can tell I've done "a new activity."  (That's what I'm calling this.)  I'm not ready to take off on a cross-country scooter ride, but it is good to push forward to get stronger and better.  I had some anticipation when I rolled on the throttle that first time... I sure don't want to do anything to mess up the progress I've made... but, I really needed this!

I think we'll put the motorhome stuff off until tomorrow.

It's a good day!

:-)


No comments: