Thursday, August 17, 2017

Some more Blue Ridge Parkway...


After giving Izzy some leash time, we headed back out to the Blue Ridge Parkway - pretty close here in Asheville.



A very nice Visitors Center, with interactive displays and an outstanding program about the Blue Ridge Parkway playing in their theater...



No, that image above is not mine - but in October, that is how this area will look.



We also wanted to see the Blue Ridge Folk Art Center...


Some absolutely gorgeous examples of local art, like glass blowing, jewelry making, woodwork, metalwork, carving, pottery, etc, etc.  Unfortunately, I can't share any of it with you because...


No photography allowed.  I understand - there are some very unique art pieces here, and that is their intellectual property.  We did leave with a couple items.

I can photograph the building, though...


A late lunch, then some touring around downtown Asheville, including a stop at their Visitors Center.  Before heading for home, we made a stop at the WNC Farmers Market (Western North Carolina) - this is mostly indoors, and goes on for several blocks; year 'round, open daily.




There is also an ice cream/bakery vendor here... I can attest to the tastiness of their "home churned" cookies 'n cream.  All kinds of gift items here, as well.  It afforded me the opportunity for a NMGD... New Mini Guitar Day.


A small reproduction of the Gibson ES-335 that I got when I was 13, and still have.  It doesn't get much attention these days, but this will go on display in my guitar room when we get home.


No comments: