Thursday, August 13, 2009

Little Sneak...

Izzy had been a trooper all day yesterday. Most of the time, she slept in her carrier, occasionally coming out for some rubbing and a look around. When she sleeps all day, it means she has LOTS of energy all night. I opened the cabin door to put our SPOT tracking device out in the cockpit (it tells our kid where we are each night)... Izzy was out in the cockpit in a flash! I coaxed her off the transom, scooped her up, and put her back in the cabin. Joan opened the door and Izzy was again out - that cat is FAST! This time, she hopped off the boat and up onto the dock. Joan got out of the boat and brought her back. I went out to get the SPOT, and Izzy went out the door, onto the dock, down the dock, and into the grass. Yes, I was watching for her... the little $#!) is like greased lightning. Joan ran after her. Izzy wasn't trying to run away, she was just playing. Playing is good... running off into the dark in an unfamiliar location - not so good. Joan brought her back to the boat, put her in the cabin, and we both vowed to watch her closer than ever. The SPOT tracker was still laying on the table in the cockpit... I opened the door while watching the sneak, quickly closed it behind me, turned off the SPOT, and reached for the cabin door once again. I think it was only open 1/32" when Izzy came flying out. She was loving this game! Joan and I were worn out... I ran barefoot down the wooden docks and into the wet grass... and into the gravelly parking lot... ow, ow, ow (tender feet). I scooped up the cat, carried her back to the boat, handed her to Joan in the cockpit, then Joan held her in the cabin until I got in there and closed and locked the door!

Two of the three of us slept good last night.

No comments: