Friday, February 1, 2013

Get set...

The HitchHiker is pretty well loaded.  Lots of trips from the house to the RV...


That's the view from our driveway to where the HitchHiker is parked... yep, plenty of trips back and forth to get things loaded.

Joan has fridge items to get done, I am sitting with Izzy in the RV - it took her about 30 seconds to look around the Love Shack, make sure her potty and food situation was all in order, and she settled in.  What a good little traveler!

We'll spend the night in the HH; have one last chance to make sure we haven't forgotten anything important, then hit the road in the morning.

-----------------------

I did get a little break from moving stuff back and forth - a neighbor across the street from us fell off a ladder and got himself banged up.  I was visiting with his wife today and asked if there was anything I could do for them before we head out.  She said, "If you have the time, we still need to run a line over our awning - that's what Bill was doing when he fell."

"No problem.  Let me get this stuff inside and I'll be right over."  It only took a few minutes to run the line, but I spent some time visiting.  Nice people.  We've known them for years.

------------------------

Just about had the house all buttoned up, and one of the hurricane shutters wouldn't go down... it took me an hour on a ladder (yes, I was thinking about Bill), taking the darn thing apart so we could get it to roll down.  Sure glad there wasn't a fast moving storm on the way! ;-)

------------------------

Settling in - the Love Shack feels like home.  And, it goes where we go!




No comments: