Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Playing in the yard...

Sometimes a cat just needs to get outside.  No, not little Isabella, she went for 2 walks today.  This time I'm talking about our grand-cat, Jake.

Jake is a robust boy... but, definitely a house cat.  Joan and I went over to the kids' place before they got home from work, so we could have a meal on the table when they got home (we are going to make someone a great little wife someday ;-) ).  Joan had marinated some huge chicken breasts and was working in their kitchen, while I fired up the grill.  Since I was going to be out in the back yard, I let Jake out with me.

Yes, I kept a close eye on him.  He wanders around with the curiosity of a kitten.  He "stalked" a bird, played under the lawn furniture, and smelled all smells.  Just like letting a grandkid do things that they can't do around their parents... and Jake and I got busted when Steph got home.

Wait 'till she finds out I'm gonna take him to the park... or maybe teach him to drive the car - like Toonces (the driving cat - old Saturday Night Live routine).   ;-)

No comments: