Friday, November 28, 2014

A boat at the dock...


No, we didn't buy a new boat.

Didn't buy a used one, either.  Today at lunch, Joan and I were talking about being out on the water.  I said, "This may sound silly, but you know what I miss most about having a boat down here?"

"Seeing the dolphins?"

"Well, yeah, that... but tossing an anchor out and getting in a short nap to the movement of the boat."

"Yeah, that is nice."

After some deck time this afternoon, Joan called me inside to watch a movie.  "Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit" - a bit slow to start, but good suspense during the last half.  Not long after the movie, I got a phone call... "Nice dock."

"Thanks, MJ.  Where are you?"

"Looking at your dock."

Looking out from our deck - yep, Mike, MJ, and Gracie the border collie; admiring the dock from their boat... which just went in the water, 'cause it was on their lot earlier today.  We sat out there and visited for an hour or so.

Besides the interesting conversation, I have to say the dock looked even better with a boat in front of it.

:-)


2 comments:

Lost Petrel said...

What, no photo? ;)

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

No photo, Tim... but it did happen. Really. Would I tell a tall tale? ;-)