Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Kite surfing...


Me?  No, thanks.  It takes this ol' body a long time to heal, and it was too windy for me to want to take out the paddleboard this morning.

It is about 80º with the wind blowing 15 to 20, with occasional higher gusts.  After a fine BurgerFi lunch, we went down to the beach.  The kite surfers were out in force...



We counted 18 kite surfers in the water in front of us.  Joan said, "I have no desire to try that."

I replied, "Oh, I have the desire... just not the willingness to go through the pain of the learning stage."

It was fun watching them, though.  With the strong southeast wind, they had a good broad reach heading off the beach, and then back on.  I still remember that sailing stuff.  Mostly.

Back home, we were greeted with a cat on a shelf...


Not to be confused with "Cat On A Leash," which is a delightful book that can be purchased right here on this very blog page.  Really, look up at the top of the page.  See?  I wouldn't kid about this stuff.

But, I digress.  That is not a solid shelf little Izzy is sitting on.  All the comfortable places she has to sit or lay around this house, and this is an option?  Doesn't matter; she looks cute no matter where she is.  I'm probably biased.  Probably.  Seriously, though, look at that sweet face.  Yeah, I think she gets that from me.  Probably not.


No comments: