Monday, March 2, 2015

Rain day...


There were some sprinkles yesterday.

Not enough to even settle the dust; just enough to completely spot up the RV and the truck (and they were both looking shiny).

Overnight, though, we had a steady, gentle rain.  As long as it isn't something that goes on for weeks, I enjoy the sound of a gentle rain.  Something relaxing about that on the roof of the RV or a boat.  Maybe it's the fact that I know I don't have to go out in it?

A high today of only 60ยบ and a 100% chance of rain.  I think I'll get a nap in this afternoon.  :-)

The new motorhome has a sunroof...


Yes, it opens - lets a nice bit of fresh air in.  It has two shades: one is a screen, the other is a black-out, completely blocking the light.  Today, the sunroof is the "rain drop indicator"... really gentle.

I wasn't so sure of this thing in the RV, but Joan really liked the idea.  Now that we have lived with it for a while, I have to agree, it is a nice feature.  :-)





2 comments:

Hudson River Boater said...

May I ask-- How do you have "Big Red" and the RV with you?

I enjoy your Blog-- Thanks for sharing..

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

We came to the southwest with Big Red pulling the 5th wheel; traded the 5th wheel for a motorhome while in Tucson. Still have the truck. Yes, we will probably be driving home separately... well, together but in different vehicles. I'm not ready to part with the truck, even though we don't have anything heavy to tow.