Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Speaking of St. Patrick's Day...


You may have heard me say my last name is "a good old English name."  Irish on my Mother's side.  That means our kid is German (both sides for Joan), English, and Irish descent.  Dan is Polish and German.  Being St. Patrick's Day, Joan made corned beef and cabbage... for her and Dan.  The Irish ones in the family (Steph and me) went with the more traditional nachos with meat and cheese.  ;-)

Back at the RV, little Izzy wanted to go for a walk.  It was still 80º at 7:00.  As we walked around the back of our coach, I heard a voice from two sites down: "Hi, neighbor - walking the dog?"

"Well, it's a cat.  And we saunter more than walk."

As he approached, I could see he was walking a big dog.  "He's a puppy - only 5 months old," our neighbor said.  I looked at Izzy and saw her go into her crouch - that's "stalking mode."  I asked how the BIG puppy was around cats, and the neighbor said, "I don't know - he's never seen one before.  But, he's pretty harmless."

This was as the dog was eating rocks and sticks.  ;-)

As he got closer, Izzy arched her back - "She's getting into defensive mode - might be a good idea to hold him off."  I could see the dog wanted to play... this was a 60 pound Bernese Mountain Dog (I found out)... about 8 times the size of little Iz... but, she wasn't going to back down from him.

The neighbor and I visited a while, while the two animals kept a close watch on each other.

I said, "Something smells good..."

"Oh, my steaks!  I better get back."

RV park discussions.  People tend to be pretty friendly.


No comments: