Monday, June 29, 2015

Scootin'...


Day off.  Seemed like a long work week.  We slept in, sorta, and got out for some scooter riding this afternoon.

Ready to roll...


Some of our favorite roads...




We pulled into a turn-out along the west side to take in the view of Haro Strait (seems we can't drive by this spot)...



And more curves...




I didn't "miss" this shot - I wanted to show how heavy the forest is alongside the road...


We stopped for a late lunch at Roche, with a view of the boat I drive there, and all the dinghies...


As the summer progresses, some people lose their ability to read, and the sign between our boat and the dinghies (that says "Unauthorized Vessels Will Be Towed") gets covered by the dinghies.  I've even come to work and found them tied to our dock lines!  Makes it hard to pull away from the dock... or come back to the dock after a trip.  Not my worry today - I have the day off.  :-)

This was on the back of one of the other scooters parked at Roche...


I may have to visit with Izzy about this.

Back to the scoots...


We aren't the only bikes on the road...


Yeah, those are bicycles.  Seems dangerous to me to be riding bicycles on a highway that has no shoulder; especially when they often are not riding single file.  Or like this group: stopped on the road, into the driving lane.  Bicycling is popular here... judging by the number of people I see walking bikes up hills, some folks aren't prepared for the steep hills they encounter here.  Really glad my bike has a motor.  ;-)

Heading for home, we were looking for the current "scooter tag": your scooter by an animal care facility...


Credit goes to Joan for that one - she suggested it.  Then said, "Now hurry and get home so you can post it!"  I like that she gets into it, too.

Nice day - cooler than the past few, but plenty of sunshine.




No comments: