Saturday, December 10, 2016

Whew!


3:00 Saturday afternoon.  After about 48 hours of cold and ugly wind, it has subsided.  Oh, we won't reach that predicted high of 65º today; won't make it out of the 50s.  Tomorrow is supposed to be 76º for a high; AM clouds, PM sun.  The wind will pick back up a bit, but it will be out of the south, thus the warm up to more normal temps.

We had a few minutes of a "sun break" today.  Not meaning to make this a weather report - the last two days have been fugly.  I couldn't take it in a part of the country that gets weeks or months of gray.  I can dress for the cold (could do without the nasty wind, though), but you can't dress sunny enough to overcome the gray skies.

Oh, sure, we used to live in the frozen northland... but, in spite of the cold and snow, the Black Hills gets regular sunshine... something we take for granted in the Tropical Tip.  (For full disclosure: the climate here is actually "sub-tropical"... I didn't make up that Tropical Tip name.)

Other than stepping outside briefly to feel some air that wasn't moving at 30 to 40 mph, it was an indoor day for us.  I have my trailer bunk project that I want to get done, but that will have to wait for tomorrow.  But, for now, it is a relief to look outside and not see those palm trees bending.  And, the little bit of sun will hold me 'till tomorrow.  :-)


No comments: