Tuesday, December 26, 2017

A love song...


I play a lot of songs for Joan.  She is very supportive of my music.  A couple years ago, I was playing some love songs for her, when I said, "Here's another love song..."

I played: Born Under A Bad Sign.  As in: "If it wasn't for the bad luck, I would not have no luck at all."  No, I don't feel that way, but I like the vibe to that song.  And, I thought it was kinda funny to slip that in with some love songs.  ;-)

She has a long memory.  She knows I will play Born Under A Bad Sign now when she asks for a love song.  Somehow, that seemed equally funny to put that one in after playing some Christmas songs this morning.

I decided to record that one, and here it is...

https://soundcloud.com/captainjimb/born-under-a-bad-sign

I am usually able to put the first tracks, with guitar and vocals, down in one take... not this morning.  Just little mess-ups.   After that, any other parts are recorded into the H4n Pro recorder, so I'm the only one who hears them... probably good, since that is drums and bass.  On those tracks, it was one practice run, then record.



No comments: