Thursday, December 28, 2017

Chestnuts roasting on an open fire...


Jack Frost nipping at your nose.  Not really.  I stepped outside this morning to check on the boat...  that Frost bastard was trying to eat my face!  46º with a light drizzle and a biting north wind.  The "feels like" temperature is 38º... according to the Weather Channel.  I think they use that "feels like" bit because the term "wind chill" is foreign around here.  I still remember it from my years in the frozen northland.

We'll meet friends Mike and MJ for lunch later, and I'll be wearing my warmest winter coat.  In the meantime...


 The furnace is occasionally running this morning; this cottage-size home is tightly built, so it doesn't take much to warm it up.  This electric fireplace is also a space heater and keeps the living room comfy.

You're heard the phrase: "It's a dry heat."  In the Tropical Tip today, it is a wet cold.

------------------------

Time for another recording before we head out for lunch - a cover of Carole King's It's Too Late...

https://soundcloud.com/captainjimb/its-too-late

A conga track instead of full drums.


No comments: