Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Moving Day...


We didn't have to go far - about 2 blocks.  The work involved (other than the driving) is just about as much as if you were going 200 miles... disconnect all the utilities; instead of strapping the bikes down, we just unloaded them from the trailer and drove them to the new site; put any loose stuff outside into the cargo trailer.

There is a system: put the cargo trailer on the new site first.  Bring the scoots over and put them in the trailer.  Bring the motorhome to the new site.  Park the CR-V, and then start over with the hooking up utilities and getting the patio ready.  All in, it took us less than an hour and a half to be settled back in.  And Rufus getting to check out his new grass...


The site doesn't look too much different from the last one...



The big difference: we are on the perimeter of the resort, so a bit further in.  Odds are it will be a bit quieter here, since we aren't as close to the pool and Activities Center.  We are close, however, to the dog run area - people can bring their dogs here and let the off the leash in the fenced area.  Rufus may be able to see that from our patio, if he is interested.

A cool start to the day today - it was 53º when I first got up, and 58º when I went out for a walk.  I had to put on a sweater.  Blue sky, lots of sunshine, a bit of breeze.  I still worked up a bit of a sweat while hooking up utilities in the sunshine.

And one surprise: I crouched when I went to hook up the sewer connection.  You crouched?  That's a surprise?  Well, yeah.  I am still not supposed to bend less than 90º with the hip joint.  The physical therapist told me I would forget and do something like I used to do it... he was right.  Hurt like a son-of-a-bitch.  Nothing that some ibuprofen and ice packs can't take care of.  I may be moving a bit slower the rest of the day, but it feels like everything is still intact.

In the words of the late philosopher John Denver: "Hey, it's good to be back home again."  When we're out and about with the motorhome, home is where we park it.

:-)




2 comments:

clar said...

That cat looks so cute!
NegosyongPinoy.info

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...


Rufus says, "Thanks for saying that." We think he is a handsome boy, but I'm sure we have a bit of bias. ;-)