Monday, August 12, 2019

Oh, you have that really big kitty!


A semi-sleepless night last night.  No, it wasn't anything I ate, nor bad dreams.  I had a reason to be up early this morning.  Which should be no big deal, because I am always up early.  But, today is: "see if you can get a site in the main part of the park" day.

A bit of explanation: Hart Ranch is an owner/membership park.  When you buy in, you become an owner/member.  You do not own a specific site... it is more like a time-share.  Your membership allows you to get 21 days per month in an RV site.  Then, depending on the type of membership you have, you have to leave for 9 days or you are able to go into the overflow sites (also known as "The Meadowlands") for 9 days.  The downside of being in the Meadowlands: it is gravel and there are no sewer hookups... so, you have to move your RV to dump or be very conservative in your water usage.  There is a nice bath-house close by if you want to shower there.  The resort is supposed to be putting sewer into those Meadowland sites, but there was an issue with the contractor and it hasn't happened yet.

That said, other than the sewer situation, the Meadowlands are as nice as most RV parks.  It is just by comparison with the sites in the main part of the park that are all double-wide paved, the gravel sites are less desirable.  The original premise of the Meadowlands was overflow parking, or to be used for RV rallies.  It is a nice feature to be able to use the Meadowlands instead of going to a different RV park.  Some of the memberships don't have that option.

One other option: if you go to the reservation desk the day before your move to the Meadowlands, if there is a site in the main part of the park that is available for 9 days (not reserved), you can get that.  A big bonus that we didn't know about until last year.

So, with that long explanation out of the way, I went to the reservation desk at 7:00 this morning.  The lady at the desk started looking to see if a site was available... "Do you have a pet?"  (The resort has pet a no-pet areas.)

"Yes, a fine looking kitty," I said.

The other lady at the reservation desk said, "Oh, you have that really big kitty!  I see you and your wife out there with him - he seems very mellow.  And, your wife brushes him a lot."

"Yep, that's us," I said, "And you have the two Schnauzers, right?"  We know each other by our pets here.  ;-)

I can't say the pet discussion helped me get a site, but after looking for a while, the first lady at the desk said, "I have site xxx available - that's the only one."

I said, "xxx is my favorite number!"  I am happy to have a paved site, especially considering all the rain this area has had.  Plus, it is easier on my hip to walk on pavement rather than gravel.  We make the move to the next site tomorrow.

I can't say for sure, but I think having Rufus helped...


But, I may need a nap later.  ;-)


No comments: