Saturday, February 8, 2020

A recurring syndrome...


Optorectumas.  I am occasionally plagued by it.  I was discussing my cell phone frustrations with my friends on my favorite scooter forum.  My buddy Bud mentioned getting a new cell phone that would work with his hearing aids.  The discussion devolved into getting something that would let the listener answer the voices in their head.

My response:

I have been able to answer the voices in my head long before getting that first cell phone, back in the bag-phone days. The issue there isn't data transfer, it is knowing which of those voices to listen to... this time, I should have listened to the one that said, "Let her get her own phone and keep what you have!" Because now I have to listen to a whole freakin' chorus of 'em telling me, "I told you so!" The one that I can't ignore seems to be coming from an external source... and she holds me responsible because I told her she needed a new phone. The "you get a new one with a better camera, and I'll take your current phone" premise seems to be something she doesn't remember saying. After letting both phones "cook" overnight, we don't seem to be any further along with getting our stuff back from the !@#$%^& cloud. It may be because the humidity here in the desert is like 7% and there isn't a damn cloud in sight. It may be because I change passwords on occasion and neglect to make a note of the new one. It may be because I haven't been for a scooter ride in a few days and that has caused a case of Optorectumas... that's when an optical nerve gets crossed with a rectal nerve and you get a shitty outlook. Sure glad we have all this newer, better technology to make our lives stress-free.

(insert sarcasm emoji here)

---------

With Joan's help, I have e-mail addresses functioning and have most of the apps signed in.  I still have to get my photos off of the cloud, but I also have them on a Bolt flash drive... as long as pulling them off the Bolt and putting them on a new camera is as easy as putting them on the Bolt from old iPhone.


---------

The Hits Keep Coming:

We got together with Mark and Cindy again today.  For those keeping track, Joan and Cindy made a lot of progress on their projects...


Mark and I were cooking right along on a Spire Studio recording project - part way through the last track, the Spire flashed this message: "Whoops!  Something happened."  The entire project went away.  That happened to me once before, months ago; and when I contacted Izotope (Spire's parent company), their tech rep said, "I haven't heard of that before."

Well, the fact that someone set up that "Whoops!" graphic, I'm sure someone there has heard of it.  That said, he gave me some things to try to recover the lost tracks.  None of them worked.  No point in reporting this again, so after a bit of swearing, Mark and I started over.  We spent the next several hours trying to recreate some great tracks (if I do say so myself... and I do).

We didn't get through the project, so saved what we had been doing and called it a day... then the 4 of us went out for supper.  And, some fun conversation with all four of us.


3 comments:

Kent said...

Optorectumas-- I could ask a few people I know if they have that Syndrome Sometimes.. I'll have to remember that word-- Thanks for making it up..

Put in a Sentence: What's wrong with you today? Do you have Optorectumas??

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

I have been known to have a case of that.

Kent said...

I rarely have a case of Optorectumas-- Have you Googled that word? Your Blog is the only "Hit" on that word.. You may want to contact Merriam..

The life the Blonde & You live-- I don't see why you would ever have that Syndrome..

One can hope when you do have Optorectumas-- It does not effect Ruffis in any way..

Optorectumas used in a Sentence: I woke up this Morning and knew I have to empty the Black Water Tank..