Sunday, February 9, 2020

Two years...


Time flies when you have a great cat in the family.  It was on this date two years ago that Rufus (that wasn't the name the shelter gave him) became a part of our family.  Joan and I had a cat size hole in our hearts from losing our sweet little Izzy.  I needed to have a furry family member... I was ready before Joan.

When we saw Rufus, he had a wonky ear, missing teeth, a kink in his tail, fur that was short and felt like straw, and he smelled bad.  Really bad.  Plus, he was a male, and we had never had a male cat.  We weren't sure what to expect, but we knew we could give this boy a good life.  Turns out, he rescued us, as well.  He is sweet, loyal, and protective.  Protective?  Yes, he provides security for me when I use the bathroom - no one gets by Rufus.  Lovey - he wants to be where we are, and is happiest if one of us has a hand on him.  He is family.

How he looked on that day, two years ago...


How he looks now...
 

He and I took a nice walk this morning.

Then, it was time for Joan and me to get in a bit of scooter time.  The weather here is supposed to turn tomorrow, so it may be the end of the week before we get another chance.  It also gave the the opportunity to use my new phone (camera)...






And, when we got home - Rufus in "portrait" mode...


We went to Steph and Dan's house for a spaghetti dinner.  Dan showed me some stuff with the new Catalina (Mac) operating system... because I haven't had enough frustration the past couple days.  Steph showed me how to get on Instagram, so I could follow Emerald Guitars and be eligible for a contest they are having.

Then, back home, and another walk for Rufus right at sunset...


We're all settling in for the evening.  I'm relieved I didn't have to decide which tux to wear to the Academy Awards ceremony.


No comments: