Monday, August 3, 2015

Didn't try to see whales today...


Yes, I worked.  Monday is normally a day off for us.  Hasn't been working out that way for me for all but one Monday in the past month or so.

Today was a different trip: family and friends gathered to scatter ashes.  They had a place in mind; a minister; one of the guests played guitar and sang.  It was a very nice service.  Afterwards, we did a very pleasant slow tour in the area.  Seeing whales and other wildlife was not what this trip was about.

Very nice people.  They couldn't say enough about how Joan had helped them with all the arrangements - to get here, to coordinate timing, dinner reservations, then their return.  My dear wife goes the extra mile for creating the best guest experience.

There is a nautical ashes scattering ceremony I have done before, but these folks were pretty much self-contained.  I took them to the place they wanted, shut down the motor, positioning the boat so it could drift with the wind and current.  They put the ashes down and scattered flowers on the water.  It was moving.

They had a time they wanted to be back at the dock; we pulled in right on the minute.

Days off coming.

-------------------------

When I got home, I discovered that I left my pocket camera on the boat.  I retrieved it this morning.

A photo of the flower petals on the water...


We did see some land-based wildlife as we circumnavigated Spieden Island...


Sitka Deer on the island...



1 comment:

MarkJ said...

Great job Jim & Joan! Great job!!!