Tuesday, October 6, 2026

Herd of Ponies...

 

Heard of ponies?  Of course, I've heard of ponies - they're like small horses.

No, that's "herd," as in a big bunch of 'em.

Our RoadTrek is compact - that's the whole idea behind a Class B campervan: you pay extra for the amenities built into the body of a more typical work, delivery, or passenger van.  You don't often find someone carrying livestock in a Class B campervan.  We certainly don't.

Until last night.  Murphy and Stella combined Friday Night Smackdown, equine steeplechase, and a demolition derby into one overnight event.  I had to sit up around 2:30 am to see what all the commotion was about... I was concerned that one of the kitties was being hurt.

It sounded like a herd of ponies stampeding across a wooden bridge. 

No one was being hurt; Murphy was at the foot of Joan's bed and Stella was running from the back of the van to the dash, performing parkour moves.  Each time Stella would bounce by Murphy, he would swat at her.  Occasionally she would jump onto the bed beside him and they rise up on their back legs in a "Clash of the Titans."  If it weren't for the fact that Joan and I were trying to sleep, it would have been entertaining to watch.  Maybe even sell to Pay-Per-View... people like to look at cats on the internet; I may on to something here.

If I can stay awake long enough to write up a proposal for the bigwigs in the entertainment industry.

This morning, all is quiet.  The kitties have had breakfast.  Joan has had her coffee and I have had my hot chocolate.  Little Stella is looking out the driver's window at the birds...


 

No comments: