Definition: Sacrilege is the act of violating, disrespecting, misusing, or stealing something that is considered sacred, holy, or worthy of deep reverence.
Yeah, I did that today. Pretty much. I like my new PRS guitar. Do I like it as much as my Emerald Virtuo? Well, no. But, it is the "new one," so it is getting plenty of playing time. And, it cost about 1/6 of the Virtuo.
We had music at Mark's today, with the Brothers MIM. This is more of a music get-together with friends than a rehearsal. There is plenty of overlap with material that the Hip Replacements play, but we all take turns picking a song and occasionally toss in a new one.
We want to sound good, but I generally take just one guitar for this gathering. And, today...
That's the Emerald Flight Case. And inside it...
Yeah, the PRS. They are close in size. The PRS is a teensy bit wider at the left upper bout, but it fit snugly in the Emerald case. The PRS came with a gig bag. Now generally, I like gig bags. Two of my Emeralds have gig bags. They are more structured and have better protection than the PRS gig bag. Not that the PRS gig bag is bad - it just isn't up to the standards that I've come to expect from my other gig bags; no neck support and no space around the tuning keys. So, the PRS got to travel to Mark's in the Emerald case. That will likely be a one off - the PRS and the Virtuo both came along on our last gig, and that will likely be the case on the next one.
Ron and I swapped on a couple songs today: I played the cajon and he played my guitar. Afterwards, he thanked me and said, "That is a really nice guitar."
Yep.
No comments:
Post a Comment