Friday, April 13, 2012

Friday the 13th...

Fortunately, I'm not superstitious (knock on wood). We spent the morning and most of the afternoon working on boat projects... drilling this, mounting that, hung a shower curtain, sewed a potty cover (keeps water out of the potty while we're showering... is that too much information??), put some 5200 on wood to do more interior stuff.

The weather turned ugly... not like rain or cold; it is hot, humid, and windy. It's still really dry here, so there is plenty of sand and dirt in the gusty wind. We put the air conditioner on the boat, and were able to work, cool and comfortable, out of the wind.

I had to cut some wood for mounting electric plug-ins, and I still have all my digits. We modified an oak stove cover from a previous RV to fit over the Wallas stove in the boat... had to use a hot glue gun to stick down some non-skid, and I didn't make a mess or glue my fingers together. Joan is in the boat right now, putting some fresh stain on the interior wood trim and said she didn't need me in the boat while she was doing that... yep, I am pretty darn lucky today. ;-)

No comments: