Wednesday, October 31, 2012

The boat got shorter...

Not in length (although some people say, "Your boat will shrink by one foot per year for each year you are on it."), but in height.  OK, the boat is the same height, but the kayaks are no longer mounted up on top...


After more consideration, it is sleeker (not shorter).  She also got a thorough scrubbing.  If I get up earlier enough tomorrow, the cabin top and brow will get a fresh coat of wax.  Best to not wax in hot direct sun.

Bit by bit, the list of things to get done is getting shorter.  Yeah, shorter, not sleeker. ;-)

Warm here in the Tropical Tip:  83º for a high today.


6 comments:

Bill K said...

Something I never noticed before.

Your boat does not have bow chocks.

Are all CDory's that way ?

Thank You

Bill Kelleher

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Hi Bill. No factory installed bow chocks that I've ever seen. Had 'em on a previous sailboat, but haven't missed 'em on the C-Dory.

Bill K said...

Then you don't have any worry's about a bow line putting pressure on a Stanchion if the line went aft?

I have always had chocks so it is strange to me to see a boat without chocks. :)

Bill Kelleher

ps the prove your not a robot verification is getting very hard to make comments

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Hi Bill,

If we need to run the bow line aft, we just run it between the stanchions. I've seen no evidence of wear on the gelcoat on the bow, and no problem with chaffing with the lines. I considered putting them on (since our last boat had them), but took a "wait & see" attitude. 6+ years now, haven't missed having them.

Bill K said...

Ok , thanks Jim.

I have been told that my boat even in top condition wil not even bring me half of what I paid.

Oh well, I will do the best I can and take what I can get.

Then buy what I can afford, probably a used 22 or 25 C-Dory.

Bill Kelleher

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Yeah, the C-Dorys do hold their value better than most boats. I have had bigger boat owners ask if I'd be interested in an even trade... while you never know if someone is serious about that sort of thing, as long as we intend to trailer, this is the right boat for us. These size boats are not for everyone, but if you can be comfortable with the space, the ease and lower cost to operate are a very big plus.